Sefton Park, Liverpool
200-acre Sefton Park, which was once within the boundaries of the 2,300-acre (9.3 km2) Royal Deer Park of Toxteth, looks like a natural landscape rather than a man-made park. In springtime, there are millions of golden daffodils around the lake and carpets of bluebells give an impression of rural permanence.
The Marie Curie Field of Hope in early spring
The park features distinctive curved paths and driveways and beech and other indigenous British trees abound. Amongst the park's many features are a boating lake, replica statues of Eros and Peter Pan and a café. The park is also home to the famous Palm House, designed and built by MacKenzie and Moncur of Edinburgh which opened in 1896 and which has now been been restored to its former glory. Eight statues by the French sculptor Leon-Joseph Chavalliaud surround the palm house. These include explorers Captain Cook, Christopher Columbus, navigators Gerardus Mercator and Henry the Navigator, botanists and explorers Charles Darwin, Carl Linnaeus and John Parkinson and landscape architect Andre le Notre. Inside the Palm House are two sculptures by Benjamin Edward Spence "Highland Mary" and "The Angel's Whisper".